We are looking for a full-time Social Media & Email Marketing Manager at the “community above everything” coworking company, Alley. At Alley, the strength of our community is everything. Alley not only provides the physical foundation for entrepreneurs, start-ups and small businesses, but connects them to a full range of potential partners, knowledge, and resources. Sales, for us, is about delivering value to our community, and so we conspire for the success of both our current and potential members of our ever-growing community.
About the Social Media & Email Marketing Manager Position
One part visionary, one part online warrior, one part pop-culture guru, a dash of precocious energy, mixed with a little lyrical whimsey & a served with a shot of espresso. If that’s you, we want you as our Social Media & Email Marketing Manager.
You’ll be responsible for shining the spotlight on the amazing work coming out of Alley and our community of entrepreneurs who are collectively taking over the universe with their talent.
Our media platforms will be your canvas, your intellect and experience will be your paint. Pride in your work will be all the motivation needed to make sure the world sees your art.
You’ll be responsible for all the things you might expect a Social Media & Email Marketing Manager to be responsible for, including generating exceptional content across all our media platforms, increasing our base of engaged followers and subscribers through your own unique creative techniques, as well as tried and true methods of follower and subscriber cultivation. You will assist us in cohesively managing our company image and ensuring we exceed our marketing goals.
Social Media responsibilities are:
- Research current trends in benchmark and audience preferences
- Align social media strategy with overall business goals
- Meet specific objectives and report on ROI
- Conceptualize, create, edit, and share engaging content daily, across a variety of mediums (text, video, blog, etc.)
- Monitor metrics of web traffic and SEO
- Ensure brand consistency through collaboration with other departments, including but not limited to marketing, design, sales, or customer service
- Monitor customer reviews, responding to queries in a timely and polite manner
- Oversee digital design of social media platforms, i.e. Facebook Timeline cover, profile photo, etc.
- Suggest and implement unique features such as promotions or giveaways to develop newfound brand awareness
- Remain current on popular technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
Email marketing responsibilities are:
- Create and execute new email marketing campaigns to drive qualified leads
- Actively manage contact list size and health, data collected, and target segments to create relevant and engaging campaigns for customers
- Copywriting across email campaigns to assist in creating email drip campaigns in our Hubspot platform
- Segmenting contact lists and personalizing emails based on recipients' interests and needs.
- Create, update and maintain workflow campaigns.
- Monitor email deliverability and ensure compliance with CAN-SPAM regulations and international data collection policies
- Manage email engagement campaigns structured to re-engage and resurface cold leads
- Continuously improve campaign effectiveness through A/B testing
- Maintain email content calendar and assist with quarterly calendar planning to support larger business goals
- Own KPIs, including deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, and revenue, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns
- Use data to deliver insightful and actionable reports that tell a performance story on how to manage our personalization and segmentation strategies that ultimately connect with our customers in an innovative way
Social Media & Email Marketing Manager requirements are:
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager
- Hands on experience in content creation, tracking, and management
- Excellent skills in the following areas:
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Working understanding of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design, basic fluency in UX/UI
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Strong eye for design and proficient in Photoshop (experience with video editing software such as AfterEffects is a plus, but not a requirement for this role)