Alley has been selected by Inc. Magazine for the 2018 Best Places to Work Award!
We are looking for a Full-time Community Manager to help us make everyday at Alley the best days possible. If people scare you this isn’t for you. If your schedule isn’t flexible and organization make you cringe, we understand but this isn’t for you.
As the “face” of Alley, you will be the first point of contact for our community members and their guests. You’ll be part concierge and part human swiss-army knife going above and beyond to support and connect our members with the resources, information, and experience they need to keep being awesome! You’ll greet people, answer questions, setup for events, forge connections, and be the catalyst that holds our community together.
This means you’re energetic. You’re lively. You love meeting people. You love helping people and ensuring they are comfortable. You’re well presented and pride yourself on your style.
Traits you should exude:
- Graciousness & unwavering Patience in the face of... anything.
- Black-belt in problem solving (while loving every minute of it)
- Commitment to quality
Bottom line: you need to be the nicest person ever and love helping people succeed on the outside with laser-precision unrelenting attention to detail and organization on the inside.
Everyday you’ll be tasked with squeezing out more efficiency, style, and plain old awesomeness.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Create a welcoming and supportive environment for members & guests,
- Support the General Manager & Community Associates
- Maintain product knowledge for all front of the house and Alley operations
- Maintain the distinct Alley aesthetic, appearance, atmosphere and culture
- Ensure the building is operational
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional hospitality to all guests and members within the space
- Support the administrative needs of the org including task such as processing the mail, making coffee, tidying up the space & maintaining the printer
- On-boarding new companies/members
- Resolve member complaints regarding issues with space and potentially other members
- Proactively maintain and upkeep the space
- Seek opportunities to engage members and learn more about their respective businesses and needs
- College graduate with a four year degree preferred, but not required
- Experience in the customer service and/or hospitality industry, preferably hotel
- Knowledge of the entrepreneurial / startup ecosystem and community is preferred, but not required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Must know how to use Gmail and Google Docs
- Must be willing to initiate tasks and perform duties without direction
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must have a friendly and professional phone and email etiquette
- Must have superior organizational skills
WHAT IS ALLEY? MEET THE TEAM
CHECK US OUT ONLINE